Saturday, July 19, 2008

Next Up- Jim Bob

In all of my years on this Earth, I have never had the pleasure of attending one of the most peculiar competitions on Earth. The tractor-pull is exactly what you’d expect it to be; a bunch of tractors pulling a large weight. Unfortunately due to some technical difficulties I was only able to see the pulling ability of “Jim Bob” (No I’m not making that name up.)

Now I was not at this “creative” event for my own pleasure. The tractor pull was part of a bigger homecoming fair being held by a farming community just north of the city. Plenty of nice assuming folks, but being a small community I think they might have picked up the fact that I wasn’t a local. I guess I might have given it away when I didn’t immediately jump at the idea of buying a raffle ticket for a riffle, complete with ammo, targets and hours of fun.

No comments: